You can use the Remote Desktop feature in Microsoft Windows OS to connect to your computer from another remote computer.
To change the port that Remote Desktop listens on, follow these steps.
- Start Registry Editor by typing “regedit” on Command Prompt
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\WinStations\RDP-Tcp\PortNumber
- On the Edit menu, click Modify, and then click Decimal.
- Type the new port number, and then click OK.
- Quit Registry Editor
- Restart the computer
When you try to connect to this computer by using the Remote Desktop connection, you must type the new port. Maybe you have to set the firewall to allow the new port number before you connect to this computer by using the Remote Desktop connection.